Picturesque views spread as far as the eyes can see, overlooking the beautiful nature of northern Finland with its endless sea of spruce trees, pine trees and lakes.
The festival site, Rukatunturi, is a fell located in northern Finland. The event takes place between the 24th and 26th of June, during the time of summer solstice in Finland. Combined with the northern location this means the sun doesn’t set at all during that time, creating a unique atmosphere, a celebration of light and life.
Ruka is a superb place for different kinds of outdoor activities like hiking, rafting and bear watching, which is why we encourage you to come a couple of days before the festival, stay a couple of days extra or do both.
You can find more information and a full list of activities here.
Ruka is located in the city of Kuusamo, which is easily accessible by bus, train or plane. More info in the travel section.
Ruka Ski Resort is located in Kuusamo, Finland. It’s accessible by train, bus, airplane or car.
- We’ll have our own party bus service from Helsinki to Ruka and back to set you into the mood already on your way up there. Tickets will be on sale by February.
- Summer schedules for train-bus combination will be available later here www.vr.fi/en
- Daily direct flights are available from Helsinki to Kuusamo and from Helsinki/Stockholm to Oulu. From Oulu, you can take a bus to Kuusamo. Summer bus schedules will be available later at www.matkahuolto.fi
- If you are traveling with a car, please let your friends and their friends know about it. Let’s fill up the cars and be friendly to our planet 🙂
- If you have any questions about traveling to Solstice, don’t hesitate to contact us through email or any social media page.